*** FOR RAPPAHANNOCK PICK-UP ONLY ***
- 1 bunch basil - A summer flavor that plays well with pasta and pizza, TOMATOES and SALAD GREENS.
- 1 bag salad or 1 head lettuce - A refreshing salad awaits - top with APPLE and CUCUMBER slices.
- 1 bunch chard - Delicious greens that come in a rainbow of colors, chop and saute with GARLIC. Great on top of a pizza!
- 4-5 apples - These Pristine apples are our earliest variety and have a tart-sweet flavor and super crisp texture.
- 1 head garlic - It's fresh and mild, garlic goes with everything!
- 1 lb squash - Squash is the true jack-of-all-trades, put it in pasta sauce, on the grill, shaved thinly raw on a salad, the list goes on.
- 1-2 tomatoes or 1 box cherry tomatoes - A tomato-mayo sandwich is calling your name! Or mix with the BASIL for bruschetta.
- 2 cucumbers - Perfect for a cool and refreshing snack or for topping a salad.
- 2 eggplants - Cook into a ratatouille with the SQUASH, GARLIC, and TOMATOES. Top with fresh BASIL.
Cooking suggestions: Ratatouille is a great summer dish that can be made in the oven or on the stovetop, depending on your heat tolerance! Slice the squash and zucchini into rounds and saute with garlic and onions. Add chopped tomatoes and herbs and simmer until everything is soft. Top with grated mozzarella or parmesan and fresh basil!