*** FOR RAPPAHANNOCK PICK-UP ONLY ***
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside. This week's large bag has:
- 1 bunch parsley - Not just a pretty garnish! Blend up with olive oil and garlic and any other fresh herbs you have for a bright green sauce to drizzle on grilled veggies.
- 2 bell peppers - Purple or green, these early peppers are sweet and vegetal. Add to raw veggie platter with dip or saute with ONIONS and garlic for the base to any dish.
- 1 bunch onions - These fresh spring onions are super sweet and are delicious raw and cooked!
- 2 cucumbers - Perfect for a cool and refreshing snack or mix with the TOMATOES and PEPPERS for a chunky chopped salad.
- 1 bunch beets - Roast in chunks and drizzle with PARSLEY sauce.
- 1-2 tomatoes - Slice 'em up thick and put onto toast with mayo. A classic summer lunch!
Cooking suggestions: For a variation on a greek salad, chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and onions into rough chunks. Drizzle with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Add feta cheese and parsley and call it a meal!
Sorry, no substitutions available at this time. If there's something you don't love, share with a neighbor!